Mudroom ideas are so needed in the midst of parenthood. We all crave organization and cleanliness. It is so easy to just dump all the coats, bags and shoes right when you walk in the door. If you don't have a mudroom to house everything, things get messy quick. A functional mudroom is essential if you have children. We hope these DIY mudroom ideas give you inspiration to create your own mudroom.
Before we jump into it, I wanted to show y'all our DIY mudroom we made ourselves. We are currently living in a rental property and it doesn't have a mudroom so we had to create one ourselves. You can read the entire blog post and step by step guide HERE.
We built this DIY mudroom from scratch and it only cost $250 for everything. You can make a mudroom for your house and it doesn't have to cost a lot! Stop waiting and start creating!
10 BEST MUDROOM IDEAS
- This DIY mudroom by House by Hoff is incredible. She does an IKEA hack and it is mind blowing. This mudroom has storage, style and practicality (all things needed in a DIY mudroom). It is a mudroom makeover you don't want to miss. Click HERE to see the mudroom transformation.
2. The second mudroom/ entryway is by The Blush Home. I can't get over this mudroom and how beautiful it looks. She built a mudroom bench AND created a DIY closet mudroom. She gives mudroom ideas galore and is such a talented DIYer. Her blog is full of mudroom inspiration.
3. The third DIY mudroom is by Designing Vibes and it is stunning. This mudroom is clean, organized, minimalistic and stylish. I love the fresh and clean look. The best part is this mudroom is under $200 to build. WHAT?! That is incredible. Head over to her blog and get all the mudroom ideas.
4. This bench is mudroom goals! This DIY mudroom bench is From JenniferAnn. She is giving you the best tutorial on how to build a DIY mudroom bench. She mixes black metal and wood and it creates mudroom magic. If you need a beautiful bench to finish your mudroom, THIS IS IT! Head over to her blog for this tutorial and other mudroom ideas.
5. This closet mudroom is GOALS. Katie Lamb is a mudroom genius. She took a regular coat closet and turned it into a perfect modern, traditional mudroom. She added a coset built in bench with storage underneath for all of our organizational needs. Every detail in this mudroom is perfection. Click HERE to see the full post and other mudroom ideas.
6. This mudroom has me in all my mudroom feels, it is that gorgeous! Grace in my Space transformed this space into a sage green mudroom dream! It has storage, style and all the good colors. The before and after pictures of this mudroom are amazing! Check out the full post HERE and get mudroom idea inspiration.
7. This mudroom is from Mindfully Gray and it is perfection. It is eclectic, modern and affordable. This mudroom is a simple design that packs a big punch. The color is the perfect blue and the design is stunning. Check out her POST to see the full look and get other mudroom idea inspo.
8. This mudroom bench is a complete dream. Liz Marie knocked this out of the park and I am obsessed. If you love neutral mudroom, this is for you. She builds a mudroom bench that finishes off her entryway and gives you the step by step guide to do it yourself. If you are looking to build a mudroom bench, check her blog out HERE.
9. This shelf/ bench mudroom combo is beautiful. The Schmidt Home created a DIY mudroom in a small space. They used the space in the best way and I love the detail of the floating bench. The white shiplap creates a clean space with a rustic/modern touch. To check out the whole post, CLICK HERE and check out their mudroom idea.
10. This mudroom is perfect if you need organization and a little extra storage. It features hooks, baskets and bench seating. Clark and Aldine thought of every detail when creating this mudroom. The before and after is amazing! They give the best tips and tricks in their POST. Head over to their blog post to get mudroom ideas galore.
What Do You Put in a Mudroom?
I think you can get inspiration from Pinterest and decide what fits best in your space. You may need to create a mood-board or inspiration board on Pinterest to get a vision of what you like. Once you create a mudroom inspiration board, pick out your colors. After choosing your paint color, decide what type of hooks and storage baskets you want. You can also decide if you want a bench or some sort of seating.
Don't overthink it, just start! Remember, done is better than perfect! We have a full post on how we created our entryway, click HERE to check it out.
How Do you Make a Small Mudroom?
If you don't have a dedicated mudroom, you can always create one yourself. It doesn't take a lot of space or money to create an practical entryway. I would say you need at least 4-6 ft on a wall to start out with. Search mudroom ideas on google and on Pinterest to get some inspiration and ideas.
You may want to add shiplap, shelving and a bench for seating. It can be simple. Add a coat of paint, a few hooks and a bench!
How Much Does it Cost to Build a Mudroom?
Cost always depends on the amount of space you have and the amount of money you want to spend on finishes. Our DIY mudroom was under $250 said and done. It doesn't have to cost much at all. If you do it yourself, you can absolutely create an entryway for under $300. If you want to pay a contractor to complete it for you, it could cost up to $1500 said and done.
If you are just creating an entryway space, it will cost less. If you are adding on an entire room, it will cost thousands and thousands of dollars. We recommend taking a closet and transforming it into a mudroom or using a blank wall.
What do You do if you Don't Have a Mudroom?
CREATE ONE! We always say, done is better than perfect. If you don't have a dedicated mudroom, you can absolutely build one yourself. If you aren't "handy" you can learn. If you don't have the time, you can make time.
Just search DIY mudroom ideas on google and start writing down ideas. If you don't have tools, ask a friend for help. I am 100% confident you can create a mudroom space. Use a blank wall and get to work.
We hope these mudroom ideas get your creative juices flowing. We also hope this blog is helpful and inspires you to get started creating a mudroom you love!
- 2021 Home Decor Trends | 8 Designs + Styles Trending Now
- 10 Must Have Items When Building or Renovating a Home
- Should you Buy or Build a Home?
- Tips for Buying a Home in a Seller's Market
- First Time Home Buyer: 10 Tips
Remember adventure starts now,
Mas & Liz