Scandinavian kitchens are all the rage right now. From the sleek lines to the simple design, the style is beautiful. Scandinavian style comes from the countries of Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Every Scandinavian kitchen specifically focuses on minimalism without sacrificing practicality or beauty.
Most Scandinavian kitchens are white, black or natural wood. The spaces feel bright, airy and spacious (due to the lack of clutter). Scandinavian style has been around for years and years in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. It doesn't seem like it is going out of style anytime soon.
Here is an article that explains Scandinavian design in detail- "What does Scandinavian style really mean?"
Here is another article that goes in depth on the true elements of Scandinavian style "What is Scandinavian style?"
I am here to show you 20 beautiful Scandinavian kitchens. We hope these will give you ideas, design tips and inspiration for your own Scandinavian kitchen.
Before you browse below, be sure to check out our entryway! We just finished it. CLICK HERE to see it!
Before we get started I had to share this GORGEOUS Scandinavian Kitchen design. It stopped me in my tracks. CHECK IT OUT HERE.
20 Beautiful Scandinavian Kitchens
- This first Scandinavian kitchen design is flawless. The black cabinets go perfectly with the white geometric backsplash. The natural wood elements pair perfectly with the white abstract countertops. I love everything about this. CLICK HERE to check out the full image and post.
2. Black Scandinavian kitchens are so stunning and this one does not disappoint. The dark wood cabinets mixed with the black waterfall backsplash and countertops is incredibly attractive. The gold faucet brings in a extra touch of modern and I'm here for it. CLICK HERE to view the kitchen and images.
3. Rosemary tile makes any Scandinavian kitchen pop!! Usually Scandinavian kitchens don't have a lot of color, but this kitchen makes color look good. The natural wood tones and white coloring keep the sleek, modern Scandinavian style. I also love the geometric wood shelving. It adds some texture and contrast to the space. CLICK HERE to view the full post and images.
4. If you love a light and airy kitchen, this Scandinavian kitchen is for you! It is absolutely beautiful in every way. The natural wood cabinets blend perfectly with the white countertops and backsplash. I also love how the pottery and bowls add a pop of much needed color. This design is beautiful. CLICK HERE to view the full post.
5. This the matte black kitchen of my dreams. The black cabinets with the black countertops make the space feel modern, cozy and unique. The simplicity of this design makes it stand out from the other Scandinavian kitchens I've seen. Most people aren't brave enough to do black on black but I say GO FOR IT! CLICK HERE to view the entire post.
6. The combination of natural wood and black never goes out of style. This Scandinavian kitchen is the perfect balance of sleek and cozy. I love the two tone style cabinets and the marble countertops. The glass feature in the upper cabinets adds a unique touch to open up the design. CLICK HERE to view the images of this kitchen.
7. This is what Scandinavian kitchen dreams are made of. Everything about this kitchen is done with complete precision. From the wood wrapped island to the globe pendant lights to the white custom cabinetry, it is incredible. I love the black hardware on the stark white cabinets and countertops. CLICK HERE to view the post.
8. The tan cabinets in this Scandinavian kitchen make me want all of the neutrals. The charcoal color on the wall is the perfect compliment to the tan cabinets. I also love the modern chandelier light fixture above the table. It brings a modern touch to the minimalistic space. CLICK HERE for the whole post and images.
9. This eclectic style Scandinavian kitchen is giving me all the Ikea vibes. The natural wood elements pair perfectly with the glassware and pottery on the open shelving. I also love the rectangular white tile backsplash with the industrial style oven. The vent hood adds a modern and sleek touch to the space. CLICK HERE to view the entire post.
10. A waterfall island is a great way to add a sleek and modern touch to any kitchen. Scandinavian kitchens usually have a modern element and this island takes the cake. I also love how the cabinets are ceiling height and vary from white to wood. This gigantic island has seating and a lot of storage which adds a much needed practical element. CLICK HERE to view the images and full post.
SCANDINAVIAN KITCHEN DESIGN
11. This may be one of my favorite kitchen designs so far. The tan cabinets pair perfectly with the black countertops and modern decor. It is sleek like a Scandinavian kitchen but the natural decor adds an earthy touch. I love the table, the chairs and light fixtures. This kitchen is a dream. CLICK HERE for the entire post.
12. Scandinavian kitchens really shine when the backsplash is the star. This vertical, rectangular backsplash adds a cozy and eclectic vibe to this kitchen. I love the gray cabinets and the hanging pictures and mugs. This kitchen feels homey and inviting. CLICK HERE to view the entire post and images.
13. The cabinets in thus Scandinavian kitchen are making me want to redo my kitchen RIGHT NOW. I love the greenish/gray tones of the cabinets against the leather pulls. Every detail is perfection, from the wood accents to the perfectly tiled backsplash. This kitchen is absolutely stunning. CLICK HERE for the full post.
14. You don't normally see any type of stone work in a Scandinavian kitchen and that is why I love this kitchen. It is unique. The stone work adds a New England feel and softens the sleek lines and minimalistic feel. The natural wood adds a warm element against the cool tones of the white paint. This kitchen is a huge success in my book! CLICK HERE to view the entire post.
15. NYC flat anyone? This reminds me of a downtown apartment in a movie. The herringbone wood floor is stunning and gives this Scandinavian kitchen a unique look. The cabinets are modern and stark but the natural wood island gives this design character and charm. I love everything about this. CLICK HERE to view the full post.
16. This kitchen displays minimalism at its finest. The design is unique because their are not upper cabinets and the lower cabinets are large and box shaped. The "no hardware" look is super trendy right now and adds a modern touch to this Scandinavian kitchen. I love the black lights and the stark white paint. CLICK HERE to read the full post and view the images.
17. Most Scandinavian kitchens are black and white. I love that this kitchen pulls in a darker and warmer feel. The backsplash is unique and gives an earthy, modern touch. The large open shelf is the perfect place to display urban decor and add personal items. CLICK HERE to see the entire post.
18. Two toned kitchens are my favorite. I love that the upper cabinets are white and the bottom cabinets are a deep navy. I normally prefer gold hardware on a design like this but I actually love the silver pulls on these cabinets. I feel like the silver accents give this kitchen more of a Scandinavian feel. CLICK HERE to see the full post.
19. This is an unusual Scandinavian kitchen, but I am in love with it. It feels extra cozy and warm. I love the wood paneling and the large circle window. The unique features give this kitchen instant appeal. The two open shelves are filled with books and make me want to grab a cup of tea and read away. I want to move into this kitchen asap. CLICK HERE to read the entire post.
20. Waterfall islands make me so excited! I love the wood island and what it brings to this kitchen. The details in this design are outstanding. From the vertical shiplap on the island to the globe pendant lighting, I am in love. This is one of my favorite Scandinavian kitchens I've seen. CLICK HERE to view the images.
What is a Scandinavian Kitchen?
Scandinavian kitchens are inspired by the Scandinavian countries of Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Scandinavian kitchens usually include pale, neutral colors, like white, black, gray and tan. These types of kitchens are minimalistic and sleek. They are practical and modern. Most Scandinavian kitchens include some sort of unique but simple backsplash to tie in the design.
A lot of Scandinavian kitchens include a wood island, wood furniture or wood shelving to bring in an earthy element. They are finished off with sleek, modern furniture, like metal stools.
CLICK HERE to learn more on Scandinavian kitchens.
How do You Make a Scandi Kitchen?
If you are not completely renovating your kitchen, you can still add a Scandinavian feel.
- Start by removing all the clutter you have in your kitchen; unnecessary decor or utensils.
- Paint the walls a neutral color like white or tan or a pale gray.
- Add warmth by adding some wood elements.
- Display your cutlery, bowls and modern serving elements.
- Feature unique decor.
CLICK HERE to read more on how to make a scandi kitchen.
What is Scandinavian Farmhouse Style?
Scandinavian farmhouse style is inspired by the woodsy, natural charm of the Scandinavian countries mixed with the practical feel of the American farmhouse style.
Scandinavian farmhouse design revolves around hospitality, cozy feels and inspiring decor. It usually includes simple pieces mixed with wood decor and warm/cozy furniture. The best way to describe this style is "down to earth." You can read more about it HERE.
Why is Scandinavian Design so Popular?
The idea is that Scandinavian design will never go out of style. The premise is to use each with intentionality. Everything has a purpose and no space is wasted.
"With a focus on craftsmanship, materials and clean lines, the philosophy behind the style remains relevant today." It is affordable, sleek and practical in every way.
Most people crave things that are intentional and have purpose. That is why I think people are drawn toward the Scandinavian style. Read more HERE.
What are Scandinavian Colors?
Scandinavian colors are usually neutral colors that include white, black, gray and tan. If color is added into a Scandinavian home it is usually:
Read more HERE.
We are so inspired by these 20 Scandinavian kitchens and we hope you are too!
Here are a few more of our posts to look at!!
- 2021 Home Decor Trends | 8 Designs + Styles Trending Now
- 10 Must Have Items When Building or Renovating a Home
- Should you Buy or Build a Home?
- Tips for Buying a Home in a Seller's Market
- First Time Home Buyer: 10 Tips
Thank you for being here and taking the time to read this post!
Adventure starts now,
Mason and Liz
PS- come connect with us on instagram @conleyadventures
Leave a Reply